Oral Presentations Guideline
As a speaker at ICBM2017, please note the following
- Paper presenter(s) will have 10 minutes for presentation and 05 minutes for question and answers. Please plan your talk for 10 minutes.
- Prepare your presentation with PowerPoint. Be sure your visuals are clear and very legible. Take your presentation to the respective secession room at least 15 minutes prior to the session starts to copy your presentation to the computer. IT assistant will be in the secession Room.
- You should bring your power point presentation in a pen drive on the day of the presentation (8th December)
- Each parallel session room is equipped with Laptop computers running Windows and Microsoft Office and multimedia Projector.
- Arrive in session room 15 minutes before the start of your session to introduce yourself to the session convener.
- Certificate will be awarded only to the presenter.
- You should confirm the presenter’s name(s) by the 30th of November 2017.
- Best research paper from each track will be selected and awarded with a certificate. Thus, authors are requested to stay till the end of the day’s proceedings.
- Please provide the evidence of your payments to the registration desk on the conference day.
ICBM of the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce (FMSC) at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura is an annual journey of many academics and industry experts who await the opportunity of knowledge discovery. It has become a leading Business Management Conference in South Asia, serving the intellectuals of a broad spectrum of disciplines, locally and internationally. The Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce proudly announces its 14thICBM, which would be the forum for those who Manage different Interfaces aiming the Growth.
Managing Interface: Corporate Resilience & Growth Potential
Completed research papers, research-in-progress papers and case studies are welcome under the following tracks and other allied fields in business management.
1. Accounting, Finance & Banking
This is an interface for scholars to present research in the broad areas of Accounting, Finance and Banking practices. The scope covered in this track includes many active research areas, representing many research paradigms. Perhaps, and most challengingly, the papers in this interface would set a new direction to the contemporary research in accounting & finance. It welcomes scholarly contributions that envisage,
Accounting and reporting for sustainable growth
Contemporary issues in corporate governance practises
Modern financial economics & applications
Creation and valuations of wealth
Behaviour of markets, institutions and managing risks
Any other perspectives of interest for accounting and finance community
2. Economics, Public Policy, Law & Education
The focus of this track is to create an interface for the researchers, practitioners and policy professionals in the related areas to share the contemporary issues and barriers for the development process of the countries. This interface calls papers on theoretical and empirical research findings, novel trends, and challenges relating to the following key areas of interest, yet not limited to them.
Public Policy and Public Finance
Democracy and Governance
Education Policy and Management
Trends and Challenges in Education
3. Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Small Business Management
This is an extensively researched area during the recent past, especially in Asian context. Small businesses contribute significantly in emerging economies, and would be one of the vital research areas for Sri Lankan entrepreneurs and academics. Therefore, this interface aims consolidating the theory and empirical evidence meeting the innovation required for the growth and sustainability. We welcome papers covering a broad area that may include,
Management of innovations and systems
Perspectives related to small & medium businesses
Studies in innovations and creativity
4. Leadership, Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources Management
This is an interface for the ongoing discussions in three of the sophisticated management areas, leadership dynamics, human behaviour within the business, and issues in management of human resources. This track aims contributing the academia and business society by bridging the theory, practice and empirical findings, and disseminating the knowledge created internationally. It invites papers covering many of the related areas including,
Change and Development
Conflicts, Stress, and Networking
Culture and leadership
Human resources strategy and measurements
Industrial psychology and emotions
Industrial relationships and equality
New perspectives in organizational studies
Power, Politics and Ethics
5. Marketing, Real Estate & Business Management
This interface covers three comprehensively researched areas during decades, and research in these broad areas undertake unprecedented challenges of the modern business. This track provides the scholarly means to present papers that explore the core features of marketing, Real Estate and Business Management. Authors may submit papers focused on the areas including the followings,
Strategic management studies
Evidence on international business management
Business ethics and social responsibility
Modern marketing strategies
Emerging issues in strategic commercial management
Commercial real estate management
Dynamics of property valuations and constructions
Other related perspectives
6. Technology & Operations Management
The aim of this track is to become the interface to bring together scholars, industry players and stakeholders to share their research findings and best practices. This track welcomes all aspects of research related to technology and operations management field and are open to all types of research methods. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
IS/IT Project Management and Outsourcing
Business Intelligence & Analytics
Electronic and Mobile Business
Enterprise Systems and Business Process Management
Information Technology and Security Management
Lean and Six Sigma Practices
Operations Strategy for Competitive Advantage
Supply Chain Management
- JCIBG: Authors have the opportunity of publishing in a special issue of The Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government (JCIBG). JCIBG is indexed at EBSCOHOST and ranked by the ABDC. The journal is published by Swinburne University of Technology, Australia.
- SSRN: ICBM publishes post-conference proceedings, and will be made available at Social Science Research Network.
- VJM: Selected papers will be published in a special issue of: Vidyodaya Journal of Management (VJM), December 2017 Volume 3, Issue 2. VJM is a biannual scholarly journal published by FMSC, USJ.
ICBM awards the best three papers of each track.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
|Full paper submission
|Notification of acceptance||30th September 2017|
|Camera ready paper||31st October 2017|
|Early bird registration
||1st October 2017|
|Conference Day||8th December 2017|